Wednesday 1 October 2014

WWW Wednesdays (8)

The book meme WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Should Be Reading.

The aim of WWW Wednesday is to answer the following three questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

Well I seem to have come out of my reading slump which is great news but I am so busy at the moment I have less time to read and even less time to keep up with this blog and my weekly memes. Managing to hold on to this Wednesday one though. Hopefully things will quieten down soon and I can get back in to the flow of things.

What are you currently reading?
I just started reading Horns by Joe Hill today for a group read. In fact I nominated the book for the group read and it was chosen so I'm feeling quite chuffed about that. I want to read the book before the film comes out at the end of the month. I have loved all of Joe Hill's books so can't wait to find out what this one is like.

What did you recently finish reading?
I finished Shades of Grey By Jasper Fforde which just seemed to take ages for me to read but I did enjoy it very much and eagerly await the follow up books. Let's just hope it isn't too long before the next one comes out as I might have forgotten some of the intricacies of the world by that point. I will definitely be reading more of Fforde's work - he has two other series on the go too.

I finished Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence for a buddy read. I really enjoyed it - not for the faint hearted though. It's quite different to other fantasy books I have read in that there wasn't a huge amount of world building. I felt that it was probably a case of the Publishers limiting the word count because it was a debut book. I will be continuing with the series though as I want to know what happens to the characters I met in the first book.

I also finished Hexed by Kevin Hearne which is book two in The Iron Druid Chronicles. It is such a fun read with lots of laugh out moments. I love all the popular culture (or maybe nerd culture) references in this series too. It was this book which helped me out of my reading slump for sure.

What do you think you’ll read next?
I will most likely be reading A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness for a buddy read but that doesn't start until the 6th of the month. If I get through Horns quickly, then I might try to squeeze in Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz beforehand.

Have you read any of these? And what did you think?

2 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about A Discovery of Witches! I hope that you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on having your choice chosen for the book club, do hope you enjoy this book as much as the others. Here is my WWW http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/10/01/www-wednesday-october-1/

    ReplyDelete